All comments are approved by the moderator before publishing.
No anonymous comments will be published.

Saturday 14 June 2014

Message from Paul Hickey

I need to announce that as from June 20th, I will be leaving my post as Club Captain at the Racecourse.I am moving home to East Sussex which sadly is a little too far to travel to play golf regularly at the Racecourse.
I have carried out the Captains duties for around about 9 months now working alongside Sian Soanes the Lady Captain and the Club Committee. I have been a member of this club for a few years now and have really enjoyed playing social and competition golf with the most fantastic group of people.
I thank all the members for making this club a thoroughly enjoyable place to come and play golf and long may it continue.
I am very thankful for being able to work with and be supported by a hardworking dedicated group of people who make up the committee and I thank them for helping me with my duties as Captain over the time I have been doing it.
At the beginning of my Captaincy we were still playing the old 18 hole layout just prior to all the new changes starting and the move to a 9 hole layout in the middle of the racecourse.
We had Captains Drive in, a Mixed Open and a few other events leading up to the Last Hurrah ( last day on the old 18 hole layout) in January.
During that time we raised fantastic amounts of money which went to a number of good causes including rarer cancers and GOSH.
We also had a very enjoyable presentation evening during February just prior to the old clubhouse closing.
Having now moved to a 9 hole layout and into Nuffield Health as a base we move on to the next stage in this clubs history.
For that I would also like to thank Ed Richardson and his team for all their efforts and determination despite much red tape in getting the club to where it is now and in the future.
I really wish everyone well for the future and look forward to coming back and playing the course occasionally.
Lastly I would like to thank Dean Butler for taking over from me until the end of the year.
Dean is a well respected Member and I am sure members will be really pleased that Dean has taken the role on.
I am sure you will all support him as much as you did me.
My last event as a member will be the Mixed Pairs match at Bishopswood on Sunday 15 June 2014.
I hope I get an invite to the odd non member event and the next presentation evening.
 
Play good golf everyone and Goodbye,
Paul Hickey

No comments:

Post a Comment